Sunday, February 2, 2014

KOINONIPHOBIA and AUTOPHOBIA

Last week I cut the cord and after months, nay years of weighing the options I retired. Looking back, the decision was like so many others I have made ...a non-decision. I didn't decide to retire. I decided I no longer wanted to work where I did. So here we are.  Day 2 and plenty of time to explore the phobia deck while I begin to reinvent myself .

Today's phobia's appeared to be mutually exclusive so initially I thought I cannot possibly hope to have as a claim to fame suffering from every phobia ever named.( I will have to settle with having never changed a diaper and never ever watched a football game. ) But it's after dark and that makes it much easier to imagine suffering from both....

Sorry it's late and I haven't come up with a cute pair of picture cues for you so let's get right to definitions.

Koinoniphobia  is the fear of a room full of people

Autophobia- is the fear of being alone.

So as long as one manages to endure a room with a few people, one could conceivably suffer from both.

Poor Groundhog Phil got lost in all the chatter about that football game.

No comments:

Post a Comment